A hospital bed installed in your home is one of the best investments you can make. When you are recovering from an injury or illness, it is even more important to get a restful sleep.
Unfortunately not all beds are created equally. This is even more apparent when you’re recovering from an injury or surgery and the majority of your day is spent bed ridden.
If you are one with mobility issues, you will also know the value of having the right bed. Getting in and out of bed is the challenging part. With the right bed, it can make it easier for you or your caregiver to give assistance and help you move around.
For people with mobility issues, hospital beds are one of the most effective types of beds, and, they are not just for hospitals. They can provide you or your loved ones with maximum comfort, functionality and safety at home.
5 Benefits to Having a Hospital Bed at Home
Adding a hospital bed to your home is a great option for people who require home care or have health conditions. Here are 5 great benefits of having a hospital bed in your home:
- Easier For Caregiver: Hospital beds are easily adjusted, including being able to move up and down, allowing you to get in and out of bed with ease. They also make it much easier for caregivers to assist you with the correct position for eating/drinking and to avoid any pains associated with an uncomfortable laying position.
- Comfortable Sleeping: When you are suffering from an injury or illness, one of the best healing methods includes a good night’s sleep. Getting comfortable and finding the right sleep position can be challenging whether you have mobility or health issues. A hospital bed can help adjust your position to get comfortable without having to awkwardly shift your own position.
- Stay at Home: For many people, staying in the home they love is their ultimate goal. Even with health and mobility issues, a hospital bed allows you stay in your home. Having a hospitals bed installed in your home allows you to be around family while getting the necessary treatment you need.
- Safety & Protection: Hospital beds are designed to be safe and provide complete protection. The ability to adjust the side rails of your bed to prevent falling out of bed in the middle of the night can be a life saver. These rails also give you something to grab onto to adjust yourself, get comfortable and help you get out of bed.
- Mobility: Hospitals beds include wheels making them more mobile than a regular bed. Since this feature allows you to shift the bed from one room to another without much effort, it eliminates the confinement from one place. A change of environment proves to be beneficial in maintaining mental peace and healing, which is why hospital beds at home are a great investment.
Hospital beds are excellent tools that help keep your loved one comfortable at home and are often covered by Medicare.
At Renmar, we offer a variety of adjustable hospital beds that will help people with all types of health conditions and mobility issues. Learn about our hospital bed products.
Not sure which hospital bed is right for you?
Have questions about bed features and options? Contact us today and we’ll happily help you assess your hospital bed needs.